Thursday, December 29, 2011

What's worse than a 4 year old with the flu?

A one year old with the flu!!! We spent our Christmas weekend nursing Haley who had a terrible flu. Today was the first day she was doing great. We were all getting ready to go for a walk and get out of the house when Elsie got sick. I will spare you all the gruesome details, but lets just say it has not been pleasant. I thought it was awful to have a four year old with the flu, but a one year old is so much worse! At least Haley had some sense of responsibility with her "symptoms", if not to make it to the bathroom, to turn away from you. Not a one year old. There is no warning...no common courtesy, just BAM! All we can do is cover the carpet and sofas with towels and blankets, try to stay close with a bowl, use plenty of hand sanitizer and keep the laundry moving. I hope everyone is staying healthier than us.
Haley Christmas Eve

Current state of our family room

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I have totally been in your shoes! It is no fun at all! I'm so sorry! But I am happy to say that Logan skipped the flu when he was one. I feel for you! Hope all is well now that it's been a while since your post. I have made a resolution to keep my blog updated all year. So that is one way we can keep in touch again. :) Feel better over there!

Unknown said...

You poor things. Nothing more difficult! Hope you are all doing better now. It sucks to have Holidays ruined :(