Thursday, February 2, 2012

Saying Goodbye


For all of you who know us well, you know how much we love our dogs. Jake and Jasmine have been an important part of our lives since we got married. They have been a funny duo and truly apart of our family. Two weeks ago, Jasmine started coughing. We thought she swallowed something and our vet put her on some medication. The following week the cough got worse and she was breathing heavy. Last Saturday we took her to a specialist. An ultrasound revealed an orange-sized tumor attached to her heart and the cancer had spread to her lungs. I was shocked when the doctor said she had days to weeks left. We were devastated by the news especially since her 7th birthday was the following Tuesday and we were planning a little dog party for her. I couldn't even think about the prognosis. I just wanted to get her home. Jasie was so brave, she knew how important it was for us to celebrate her birthday because Wednesday morning she took a turn for the worst and I knew she wouldn't make it through the night. Jeff came home from work and we all said our tearful goodbyes. We love you Jasmine and know you are in a better place. You will be missed.

No comments: